There are several ways for the public to participate in or watch Municipal Board meetings:
- Citizens to be Heard – Individuals wanting to speak during the Open Session portion of the meeting may do so by signing up. Sign-up is done in person, prior to the start of the meeting. The completed Comment Form is then given to the City Secretary. Sign-ups will not be accepted after the meeting starts. Once you are recognized by the Mayor/Chair, please step up to the podium and clearly state your name and affiliation (i.e. Helotes resident & state your address or Helotes business owner & state business address). Each speaker has 3 minutes to speak and time is not transferrable. Each speaker may only speak once. No shouting or cursing is allowed. Please remember, City Council/Board Members can not discuss or take action on issues brought up during Open Session – This is a period to accept comments only.
- Live-stream of Meetings – Municipal Board meetings are live-streamed on the City of Helotes YouTube channel. Government Access Channel 21 on Spectrum is being upgraded, so it is unavailable for viewing at this time.
- Recordings of Meetings – Recorded broadcasts of Municipal Board meetings are available on the City of Helotes YouTube channel.
New Agenda Format
A new agenda format is in place, starting with the City Council Meeting dated May 13, 2021. Behind each item is a blue hyperlink that reads Agenda Item. Below are the options to view the items supporting documentation.
- Option 1 – For computer, tablet, and smartphone users: Click on the blue hyperlink and the supporting documentation will open within the same tab. To return to the Agenda, the user will have to select the back button.
- Option 2 – For computer users only: Right-click on the blue hyperlink and select Open link in new tab. The Agenda will remain open in its own tab and the user can switch between tabs, versus hitting the back button.