- This event has passed.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
June 17 at 8:00 am – 5:00 pm UTC-5
Looking for a way to dispose of hazardous household waste? The upcoming City of Helotes Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection event is the safest way to dispose of materials that are harmful to the environment and public health.
This summer HHW collection event is included in the City of Helotes residential waste management service and is for Helotes residents only. A valid picture ID and a copy of the most recent Republic Services bill are required. Helotes residents may bring any of the acceptable items listed below to be disposed of safely. Please note, the event will close before 5 PM if collection capacity has been met.
- Pesticides (liquid or solid)
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oil base paints
- Latex paint
- Aerosols (no foaming)
- Corrosive acids
- Corrosive bases
- Propane (small cylinders)
- Fire extinguishers
- Lithium batteries
- Alkaline batteries
- Oil Filters
- Fluorescent bulbs
Residents are asked to adhere to the following drop-off requirements:
- Have your valid picture ID and a copy of your most recent Republic Services bill ready to show City Staff.
- Containers should not leak – If leaking, transfer contents to a leakproof or lined cardboard box.
- Do not mix different materials in the same container/box.
- Place all items in a container/box and put them in the trunk or truck bed during transport.
- City Staff will be onsite to assist in unloading HHW materials and return the containers upon request.
- If materials are brought in a non-approved container/box, they will not be returned (i.e. a container/box that is leaking).
- Paint and other liquid waste are limited to five 5-gallon cans and 25 1-gallon cans with a 220-pound limit.
- Paint and oil waste are limited to 10 gallons each.
Download the HHW Collection Event Flyer.